I thought I'd begin by linking the other times I've "won" this award because I always nominate a bunch of people like it says to and it is cool to share and reshare my nominations. . . plus, who doesn't love tag posts?
If you look over these posts, you'll notice I have a tendency to bend the rules, and I'm sure that this time will be no different. Rules? RULES! What rules? There are rules?
Why, yes, yes, there are, and here they are (TA DA DA DA! Drum roll, trumpet sound):
The rules for the Liebster Award are simple:
1. Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
1. Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
2. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
3. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
6. No tag backs!
The one I usually break is #2. It is really hard to find 11 new bloggers, especially because of the award description:
A Liebster Award is given to showcase smaller blogs who are up and coming, and who have less than 200 followers. The word Liebster comes from German and means kindest, dearest, beloved, cute, and endearing. This is an award that you accept with the intention of paying it forward.
The under 200 part is what makes it hard. I follow a decent amount of bloggers, most of which are not huge, but almost all of them are still over 200 followers.
I also have a hard time coming up with random things about me that aren't boring or embarrassing, so I'll start with the easy part.
I was nominated by Loni at Clearwater Cottage. Please check out her blog and the other worthy nominees! Now, here are the 11 questions Loni asked her nominees.
My Questions for You:
1. How long have you been blogging?
It's been a little over a year ago that I started being "serious" about it. I've had web spaces off and on since high school where I shared stuff in one format or another, but it wasn't until I started to get hits (ie pinterest re-pins) on a craft project I posted last January that I started thinking I could actually get people to read this blog and even then there was a big move going on and I wasn't able to devote serious time to it for a few more months.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I've always been a writer in some form or another, and I really really really like attention. Honestly, it drives a writer a little bit crazy over time thinking no one will ever read anything she has written and I started taking it out on my Facebook friends by being one of those people who changes their status every five minutes and has to have a clever comment on EVERYTHING . . . so I decided to funnel it into another outlet.
3. What homemade project are you most proud of?
Do my novels count? As I said, I'm always writing. Crochet wise, the most awesome project I ever made was Claire's mermaid tail for last Halloween.
4. What is the best costume (Halloween or other) that you have ever worn?
A couple years ago I pit together a simple Star Trek costume out of items in my existing wardrobe and some ribbon and stuff. I was the proudest of that, though other things I have worn have been appreciated by others more.
4. What is your favorite book?
Lord of the Rings. I count it as one book. Deal with it. ELENDIL! I AM ARAGORN SON OF ARATHORN! I . . .had better stop now. . .By the way, you did four twice. That's cheating . . . but I'll play along anyway.
5. How would you classify your decorating style?
Eclectic. Or as Matt would say, "Dumping a bucket of cats all over everything does not count as decorating. . ."
6. Dog or cat?
Based on my last answer and my blog name, the obvious answer is cat, but I am very fond of our German Shepherd, Caen, and it seems cruel to choose. As a species I like cats better. Specifically if I had to choose between my current cat, Carlton, and Caen, Caen would probably win..
7. What has been your longest distance trip?
I've made the flight from Oregon to Japan multiple times. It isn't fun.
8. What is your favorite thing to do on long car rides?
Be a passenger. I hate to drive. I am actually fond of using such times to hash out story plots in my head. I'm not a big book on tape person and other car activities make me car sick.
9. What is your favorite show on TV/Netflix?
PSYCH! PSYCH! PSYCH!
10. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I'm not really sure. Just general memories of being alone in the woods writing, most likely. Nothing specific stands out.
11. What are you thankful for today?
This answer is almost always my husband. Feels like cheating to use him again, but I really like being married to my husband, and I almost missed out on that, so it feels like I live in a constant state of gratitude that he reconsidered me . . . sort of a long story which I really need to tell someday.
So Random Things:
1. I can crochet a hat in about two hours. I'm just that fast.
2. I'm considering getting a ring tattooed on my ring finger because my wedding ring keeps making my finger break out in a rash and I hate not having one on.
3. My favorite jewelry pieces are the two cat shaped pendants my husband got me.
4. I first said I was going to marry my husband when I was only ten. I'm very persistent.
5. The biggest controversy in our home is whether or not to homeschool our daughter. My husband, even though he was homeschooled, is resisting, but I have her at least through kindergarten so I have time to convince him.
6. I don't play, or particularly understand, console games, but I enjoy a lot of different computer games, especially games like Myst (Riven is the best in the series).
7. My biggest worry right now is managing to see Star Trek Into Darkness in theaters. It's like the Hobbit all over again! Can't handle the stress!
8. I really like to listen to youtube ASMR videos. It's a weird hobby.
9. I'm a sharer, probably an over sharer, and my husband is a very private person. This has probably been our biggest marital difficulty. Early in our marriage he would listen in on my phone conversations and groan, "You're talking about me again . . ."
10. I always wanted an imaginary friend but could never really maintain the fantasy of one.
11.My dog ate my glasses this weekend. I think it was to punish me for being gone for two weeks and leaving him behind.
Questions for my Nominees:
1. Squeamish or not?
2. You and your whole house has been (Wizard of Oz style) transported to a strange new land and must pick something from your home to give as gift to the illustrious leader. What do you choose?
3. I mentioned earlier that I need to tell my and my husband's love story some day. Do you have a story you feel you should tell but have been putting off because it is almost too important or personal?
4. Ideal fictional vacation spot (ie out of a book or movie)?
5. Big party or intimate gathering?
6. Sweet or spicy?
7. Longest thing you have ever written?
8. Finish the sentence: Brevity is . . . (not necessary to include the word soul in your response; points if you do; extra points for originality)
9. Book you most look forward to sharing with a child some day (points if you already have)?
10. Do the points really matter?
11. Favorite way to waste time?
Okay, so now the hard part . . . I'm definitely not going to be able to find eleven that I haven't nominated before, so some of these might be repeats from previous Liebsters.
- Christina at Consider the Lilies
- Sara at Live It Well
- Desirae at Not So Ugly Ducklings
- Sami at Forever & Always a Sailor's Girl
- Amanda at Faith Love Strength
- Meghan at First Comes Love
- Lindsey at Road to 31