The H. L. Burke Random Interview is not like other interviews. The questions are all over the place. They have no purpose. Their purpose is their lack of purpose.There are nine questions because cats, but these nine questions are subject to change without notice, so the questions one person answers may not be the questions answered by the next author.
|Jessica L. Elliott|
For as long as she can remember, Jessica L. Elliott has been telling stories. As soon as she could grasp a pencil she began writing those stories down. Reading fueled her imagination, as did spending time with her five younger brothers and sisters. Everything was an adventure, something to be treasured and stories were her first love. Jessica began seriously writing in high school and continued into college while attending Emporia State University where she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education. She wrote and released her first novel, Charming Academy, in August of 2011. Jessica currently lives in southwest Kansas with her husband and children.
Author Bio -
- You can rescue a fictional character from certain death or resurrect them to live again. Who do you save? Alternately, is there a fictional character deserving of death who you would like to destroy? That's a tough one, I have so many characters that I would love to save. I think I'm gonna cheat a little and save one of my own characters. If I could, I would dearly love to bring Phillipa back. And if I was going to kill one off, I think every Harry Potter fan alive would love to be a part of Delores Umbridge's demise.
- Fill in the blanks. I am a were____ but I only turn when the ___ is ___. I am a werepony but I only turn when the hour hand is precisely aligned with the minute hand.
- You a given a magical whistle that allows you to pick three creatures, real or imaginary. You get one to be your companion/mount, one who you can transform into at will, and one you have to engage in a fight to the death. Catch? You don’t get to pick which is which. What three creatures do you choose? Oh let's live dangerously: I choose a dragon, tiger and Tyrannasaurus. Now tell me, which is which? :)
- Who is your fictional best friend and what activities do you choose to do together? Lucian (Charming Academy series) and I are besties. We love to attend jousting competitions, hang out in his absolutely stunning gardens, and determine new ways to tick Moira off without making her so mad that she puts Lucian in the royal doghouse.
- What’s the most important lesson you ever learned from a cartoon? Oooh, toughie. I love animated movies, so hopefully those can count as cartoons, and I think one of the most important lessons I've learned is that a parent will do anything it takes to keep their child safe, even if it's the annoying, disobedient and whiny child. Yes, I am referencing The Little Mermaid.
- Most RPGs have three basic classes: healers, who heal; tanks, who protect other party members from damage; and dps who damage the bad guys. Which are you? Points if you’ve actually played an RPG and can tell me about your in game character. Can't say I've ever played RPGs, but I've heard enough about them to form a slightly educated guess. My husband says he's never met a more viciously protective person in his life, so I'm guessing I'd be out there taking out the bad guys before they could make a move. Guess it's the mama bear in me.
- The Flying Dutchman is offering you three wishes. How do you maximize your wish potential? Doesn't the Flying Dutchman only show up if you're about to die? Maybe this is a different Flying Dutchman. Okay, three wishes and maximizing wish potential. I'm pretty good with semantics, so I'm guessing I'd be adding some descriptive words in there to make sure my wishes are perfectly clear. First of all, I would wish that my family and I could always have legal means to take care of our needs. (No banks robbed here!) Second, I would love to have a 10 acre plot of land with a perfect for me log cabin and one Gypsy Vanner per member of my immediate family. Third, I would like to live a healthy, full life to enjoy with my family and friends.
- If you favorite historical era had an ice cream flavor made in its honor, what would it taste like? You have no idea how badly I want ice cream right now! Well, I love the Renaissance era and they loved all things classical and new. So, since I can't have regular dairy ice cream, it would be an almond milk ice cream with lemon and vanilla bean topped with toffee bits, because that's just how I roll.
- If this question were any question in the world, what question would you want it to be and how would you answer it? Okay, here's where I throw in a shameless plug. My question is: How are you doing your Christmas sale this year? I'm so glad you asked! This year, I'm putting all my books on a 10% discount on my website. All profits from sales made at my website (as well as ebooks purchased through Amazon or Smashwords, print books ordered through Amazon, and goodies bought from my Sanalbereth Souvenirs shop) will be donated to bring a grocery store to the little town I call home. More info about that at my website in my blog.
Sales/ Follow links: Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Jessica-
Website - http://www.jessicalelliott.
Sanalbereth Souvenirs - http://www.cafepress.com/